Why Software Testing Managers Choose ISTQB Software Testing Certification
As a software testing manager, you should choose ISTQB software testing certification because it’s good for your company, good for your testers, and good for you. Analysis shows that “a synergistic combination of defect prevention, pre-test defect removal, and formal testing by certified personnel can top 99% in defect removal efficiency while simultaneously lowering costs and shortening schedules.”  Here are several other reasons ISTQB software testing certification can help you as a test manager:
- Your company’s return on investment (ROI) for ISTQB Software Tester Certification is outstanding. This is based on various studies that estimate the cost of a post-production software defect in the range of $4,000 – $5,000. If ISTQB Software Tester Certification can help your software tester to eliminate just one post-production defect in his or her career, the ROI for an ISTQB exam is more than 1500%.
- It could reduce your costs. Your company and clients may now be able to qualify for lower insurance costs thanks to your team’s ISTQB Software Tester Certifications. Hiscox Insurance Company is now qualifying technology insurance applicants on whether their software testers are ISTQB Certified. Learn more and and see the technology insurance quote form. That’s good news for your company, your clients, and you.
- Your testers will have clear testing terms and standards. ISTQB Software Tester Certification was created by more than 100 global testing experts and is used in nearly 70 countries. It has a common glossary and set of standards so your testers will communicate better across teams and across departments. This is often cited as an immediate, concrete benefit of ISTQB certification: the need to study for certification drives the broad use of the common vocabulary, immediately improving the productivity of communications.
- Your testers will have a clear career path. ISTQB Software Tester Certification has levels (Foundation, Advanced and Expert) and career paths (Test Manager, Test Analyst, etc.) that will give your testers the opportunity to prove their knowledge and skills. Simply having a clear professional path and standards can help you retain and develop your best testers.
- You will have the peace of mind knowing that your team has the knowledge and skills for practical day-to-day testing. ISTQB certification can help your software testers build better software testing processes. From a common testing vocabulary to best in class testing methodologies, ISTQB certification ensures your testers have what it takes to get the job done.
Here are some easy next steps:
 Capers Jones, Namcook Analytics “A Short History Of The Cost Per Defect Metric | Software Defect Origins & Removal Methods”