ISTQB Agile Tester Certification
Certification in Agile testing is now a must-have. With the growth in Agile development, DevOps, and Continuous Delivery, everyone who does testing should have ISTQB Agile testing certification.
85% of respondents in an industry survey said they are interested in Agile testing certification because it proves they have the Agile knowledge for better jobs, promotions, and projects.
Need more information? Read on below. But the next steps are easy:
Get your “>ISTQB Foundation Level testing certification if you don’t have it yet. It’s the easy first step in proving you have fundamental testing knowledge. And it helps Agile teams use the same terminology and testing principles, making everyone more efficient.
Then get the simple ISTQB Agile testing certification that builds on the Foundation Level. This is an easy add-on.
Why Do You Need Agile Testing Certification?
Agile testing is an approach to software testing that follows the principles of Agile software development as outlined in the Agile Manifesto.
A tester on an Agile project will work differently than one working on a traditional project. Testers must understand the values and principles that underpin Agile projects, and how testers are an integral part of a whole-team approach together with developers and business representatives.
Surprisingly, there is still a lot of confusion concerning Agile testing – which means there’s an opportunity for you to take the initiative. The Agile certification will give you the knowledge to be part of Agile testing teams and achieve high performance.
What is the Contribution of Agile Testers?
What does an Agile tester offer to a company? Agile testers should be able to:
- Collaborate in an Agile team, being familiar with Agile principles and practices
- Adapt existing testing experience, knowledge, and best practices
- Support the Agile team in planning test related activities
- Apply relevant test methods and techniques
- Assist in test automation
- Help business stakeholders define understandable and testable user stories and acceptance criteria
- Work and share information with other team members
Said simply, an ISTQB Agile Tester should work effectively within an Agile team and environment.
Who is the Target Audience for the Agile?
The certification for Foundation Level – Agile Tester is designed for professionals who are working within Agile environments. It is also for professionals who are planning to start implementing Agile methods in the near future, or are working within companies that plan to do so. The certification provides an advantage for those who would like to know the required Agile activities, roles, methods, and methodologies specific to their role.
The target professionals are:
- Testers experienced with traditional SDLCs
- Entry-level testers with an interest in Agile testing
- Experienced developers with some knowledge of testing who work in Agile projects
- Roles include testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, software developers
This Foundation Level – Agile Tester certification may also be appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing in the Agile world, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
What are the Agile Tester Business Outcomes?
Below are the business outcomes expected of a candidate who has achieved the Foundation Level – Agile Tester certification.
An Agile tester can …
- Collaborate in a cross-functional Agile team being familiar with principles and basic practices of Agile software development.
- Adapt existing testing experience and knowledge to Agile values and principles
- Support the Agile team in planning test-related activities
- Apply relevant methods and techniques for testing in an Agile project
- Assist the Agile team in test automation activities
- Assist business stakeholders in defining understandable and testable user stories, scenarios, requirements and acceptance criteria as appropriate
- Work and share information with other team members using effective communication styles and channels
In general, a Certified Tester Foundation Level – Agile Tester is expected to have acquired the necessary skills to working effectively within an Agile team and environment.
Is the Agile Tester Right for Me?
The contributions and business outcomes associated with the Agile tester are really quite exciting. If they resonate with you at all (or more importantly, if they resonate with your boss or your clients!), the Agile tester is right for you. You can seize a career advantage by getting started on your Agile tester right away. Below is the information you will need to get going.
What is the Agile Tester Exam Structure?
Similar to the Foundation Level certification exam, the Agile Tester certification exam will be composed of 40 multiple choice questions to be completed within 60 minutes with a pass mark of 65%. As noted below the Agile tester syllabus, along with sample questions and answers are on the ASTQB website.
Is Accredited Training Available?
Yes. The typical duration of the Agile certification training offered by an Accredited Training Provider is two days. Completion of an accredited training course is not a prerequisite for participating to take the exam. The ASTQB website has accredited training providers for ISTQB Certification.
What Should I Do Now?
If you think that the Agile tester is right for you, now is the time to review the free resources on the ASTQB. These include an Agile tester overview, a webinar that reviews the syllabus, the syllabus itself, and sample questions and answers.
Will Agile testing be important to your career? Almost certainly. Now is the perfect time to prove that you have the fundamental knowledge of Agile with the new ISTQB Agile tester certification. Get started today!