Why Software Testing Managers Choose ISTQB Software Testing Certification
As a software testing manager, you should choose ISTQB software testing certification because it’s good for your company, good for your testers, and good for your career. Why? Because it can help improve the efficiency of your software testing efforts. Analysis shows that “a synergistic combination of defect prevention, pre-test defect removal, and formal testing by certified personnel can top 99% in defect removal efficiency while simultaneously lowering costs and shortening schedules.” 
If better efficiency, lower costs, and shorter schedules aren’t enough reason to certify every software tester in your company right now, here are several other reasons ISTQB software testing certification can help you as a test manager:
- Your company’s return on investment (ROI) for ISTQB Software Tester Certification is outstanding. Various studies estimate the cost of a post-production software defect to be in the range of $4,000 – $5,000. If ISTQB Software Tester Certification can help your software tester to eliminate just one post-production defect in his or her career, the ROI for an ISTQB exam is more than 1500%. Your boss will love that ROI.
- It could reduce costs without cutting jobs. You’ll be the hero when you show how you can reduce costs: download our free white paper that shows you how to cut software development costs. In addition, your company and clients may now be able to qualify for lower insurance costs thanks to your team’s ISTQB Software Tester Certifications. Hiscox Insurance Company is now qualifying technology insurance applicants on whether their software testers are ISTQB Certified. Learn more and and see the technology insurance quote form. That’s good news for your company, your clients, and you.
- Your testers may become more efficient because they have clear testing terms and standards. ISTQB Software Tester Certification was created by more than 100 global testing experts and is used in nearly 70 countries. It has a common glossary and set of standards so your testers will communicate better across teams and across departments. This is often cited as an immediate, concrete benefit of ISTQB certification. Do you want to improve your testing team? Download our free white paper that will help you gain the respect of your testing team, build their confidence, and be a true leader.
- Your testers will have a clear career path, which will help to retain them. ASTQB and ISTQB Software Tester Certification offer levels (Foundation, Advanced and Expert), career paths (Test Manager, Test Analyst, etc.), and specialities (Agile, Mobile, etc.) that will give your testers the opportunity to prove their knowledge and skills. Having clear career paths and standards can help you retain and develop your best testers. Download our free white paper: how to find and retain skilled software testers.
- You will have the peace of mind knowing that your team has the knowledge and skills for practical day-to-day testing. ISTQB certification can help your software testers build better software testing processes. From a common testing vocabulary to best in class testing methodologies, ISTQB certification ensures your testers have what it takes to get the job done. That makes them look good, and it makes you look great. See what other testing managers say about ISTQB Certification and how it paves the way for promotion by downloading our free white paper.
Here are some easy next steps:
- Review the free software testing syllabi (body of knowledge) and software testing glossary.
- Learn about the ISTQB software tester exam.
- Then subscribe to the free ASTQB e-newsletter, or contact ASTQB headquarters at email@example.com today with your questions so you can start building your test team performance.
 Capers Jones, Namcook Analytics “A Short History Of The Cost Per Defect Metric | Software Defect Origins & Removal Methods”