Build your career with ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst Software Testing Certification.
ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst can take your career to a higher level because:
- It shows you have a strong commitment to the testing profession and self-improvement. You enjoy working in the code and solving problems.
- It demonstrates you have advanced software testing skills. You understand programming better than other testers.
- It proves you have the desire to move higher in your career and your organization. You have the advanced skills that companies want to keep and promote.
Here are the steps to your ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst Certification:
- Download the free syllabus below.
- Download the free sample exam questions and answers, also below.
- Get training via an ASTQB accredited software training course. Training is optional, but others who have taken advanced level certification exams highly recommend it: See 3 reasons why.
- Because this is an Advanced Level exam, you must first submit proof of CTFL certification and a resume and/or employer verification of 3 years experience to email@example.com. In the cover email, the examinee must state that the information contained in the resume or employer verification is accurate and complete to the best of his/her ability.
- Register for the exam only here on the ASTQB website so you can appear in the list that U.S. employers check. (Another important reason to only take the ASTQB versions of the ISTQB exams: They are written to be fair and understandable, without any trick questions.)
- Pass the exam. Congratulations! You can now appear in the official ISTQB/ASTQB certification list that U.S. employers check for employees and outsourced testing.
If you don’t have Advanced Level certification yet, here is great advice from a testing professional who earned every Foundation and Advanced certification ASTQB offers!
In addition, this free podcast on Advanced certification will inspire you. Hear a veteran tester describe:
- Why you shouldn’t fear the Advanced Level exam. As Tom says, “Why did I wait so long to take my first Advanced exam? I realized it really wasn’t that scary – it wasn’t that bad. And so then I got my next one, and my next one.”
- How to prepare for the exam, including two very important tips. After taking the Advanced exams, Tom concluded, “The exams are just made to try to determine, ‘Have you learned the material?’ Well if you learn the material, you’re going to pass the exam. Then you’re going to look back and go, ‘Well it wasn’t that tough.'” Learn his two tips plus his thoughts on why a training class is helpful for not just the education, but meeting other advanced testers.
- Why it’s important for your career – and your company – that you become Advanced Level certified. As Tom noted about his own career, “When I first came here, I was hired to be a test lead for our web enterprise and e-commerce side. But as I developed and got more certifications, they thought, ‘Well, maybe he could do this, too.’ And so I took on more responsibilities and worked my way up, so that now I’m managing the test efforts for five major enterprise level areas that are critical areas.”
This is a podcast that will inspire you!
See the ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst syllabus and sample exam questions and answers below. We recommend that you utilize an accredited training provider to prepare for this advanced certification.